In service to his community as the chaplain of the Nigerian Igbo Catholic Community, Fr. John Paul ensured the integration of the youth in several facets of mass and community celebrations. Prior to the onset of the sad illness that took his life, Fr. John Paul was ever available and present to officiate and financially support community events. He wedded many and baptized many children. Fr. John Paul was a man of the community, a proud Igbo man, and he took extraordinary pride in serving his Igbo Community.
The Fr. John Paul Award will continue his mission while he was here on earth and will have a two-pronged focus: Celebrating and recognizing excellence in Nigerian Igbo Catholic Community Youth and providing academic sponsorships to indigent and promising youth in Nigeria.
Recipients and Selection Criteria:
Indigent Student Award:
● Award will be needs based for college or senior seminary bound students, as determined by the board.
● Candidates must apply through S4A Application portal providing all supporting documentation as required in the application.
● Number of Awards and amounts will be determined by the management board by January 31 of every year.
The Fr. JP Ezeonyido Memorial Scholarship Award
General Recipient Criteria:
· Indigent students: Orphans, Children of Widows or Widowers, Children of the handicapped, or children with verifiable financial need.
· Students must be in good academic standing and possess a record that attests to academic promise of excellence.
· Scholarship award per student is a lifetime one time award of 100,000 Naira.
· Beneficiaries and their guardian must accept the use of select information from their profile in fund reports and communication media.
Igbo Ukwu Scholarship Application Process:
1. Candidates are to apply through the Selfless 4 Africa website.
2. Candidates must be Secondary school graduates who have successfully completed their Secondary School graduation exams and have acceptance letter to their University of Choice.
3. In addition to completing application form on S4A Website, Candidates must submit their WAEC, NECO, JAMB, Last Two Years of Secondary School Results, and University Admission Letter.
4. Candidates must reside in Igbo Ukwu.
5. Shortlisted Candidates must submit themselves to background check if required.
Seminary Application Process
1. N100,000 Award will be granted to one entering student in each of classes JSS 2 through SS3, a total of 5 students N500,000 will be disbursed per Annum for a 5-year period.
2. Desiring candidates are to submit typed application letters of no more than 2 pages, describing:
a. financial need
b. the family’s financial circumstances including names of parents/guardian and their occupations
c. the student’s aspiration, and
d. why they are the best candidate to be selected
3. Desiring candidates are to submit 3 consecutive terms of academic results
4. Application essay must include contact information of student, and parents.
5. Partner Schools are to shortlist candidates and recommend three candidates per class to Selfless 4 Africa.
6. S4A will select one final recipient per class and will notify the winning students directly.
Candidates must be Secondary school graduates who have successfully completed their Secondary School graduation exams and have acceptance letter to their University of Choice.
Application Window May 1 - July 31.
Copyright © 2023 Selfless4Africa - All Rights Reserved.